If you or your friends are vegan, then this eggless cheesecake recipe will serve you well!
This eggless cheesecake is palatable, savory, creamy, and smooth! Also, you will find that there is no sinking and cracking center.
Follow our instructions to bake a perfect eggless cheesecake.
Eggless Cheesecake Recipe
For the crust
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted melted butter
For the filling
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- One can sweeten condensed milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Begin by lining a 9-inch round springform pan with parchment paper.
- Also, preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Add butter, graham crumbs, and sugar in a medium mixing bowl with a fork till fairly moistened.
- Then set the crumbs mixture into the pan and press it down evenly using the bottom of a measuring cup into the base and taking up till the sides.
- Refrigerate it. In the meantime, we can prepare the filling.
- Whisk cream using an electric mixer in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form, approximately 1 minute. Keep this mixture aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth, no lumps should be there. Set it aside.
- In another bowl put the cream cheese and with an electric mixer pulse on low speed for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth.
- Then drop in sugar and sour cream and resume beating until mixed well.
- Slowly combine sweetened condensed milk and whisk for 1-2 minutes, until creamy.
- Afterward, pour vanilla extract, lemon juice, and cornstarch mixture. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Include whipped heavy cream and gently fold in the mixture using a spatula.
- Take out the crust from the fridge and set this mixture over it. Pat lightly to remove the air bubbles.
- Put the cheesecake pan on a large sheet of aluminum foil and wrap up the sides around the pan.
- Set this cheesecake pan in a deep roasting pan. Pour hot water into it till the water is about halfway up the edges of the pan.
- Bake the mixture for about 40 minutes, until you see the edges are almost puffed, but the center filling is wobbly. Note: Avoid overbaking as you don’t have to make it golden brown otherwise the cheesecake will break.
- Turn off the oven and set aside cheesecake to cool for 40 minutes inside the oven with the closed door.
- Afterward, refrigerate it for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight is best.
- Run a thin metal spatula around the inside rim to loosen the cheesecake from the edges of the pan.
- Unmold carefully and place it on a plate.
- If you want, you can also top it up with any of your favorite toppings.
- Cut the cheesecake using a thin knife. Tip: Dip the knife in hot water and then wipe dry before using. Repeat this step before cutting every slice.