Cheesecake is beautiful to eyes and it tastes unbelievable with neatly done crust on the bottom.
Let’s learn how to make one. This tasty blueberry cheesecake recipe will be prepared with fresh blueberries and cream cheese.
Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
For the crust:
• 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
• 2/3 cup reduced-fat vanilla wafer crumbs (around 20 cookies)
• 3 tbsp sugar
• 3 tbsp butter, melted
For the filling:
• Five large eggs
• 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, thawed
• 1 tbsp corn starch
• 2 1/2 blocks fat-free softened cream cheese
• One block 1/3-less-fat softened cream cheese
• 1 cup of sugar
• 2 tbsp corn starch
• 1/4 tsp salt
For the topping:
• 1 1/2 cups fat-free sour cream
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• For the sauce:
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup water
• 1 cup fresh blueberries, thawed
Step 1: Basic Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Spray the 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
Step 2: Prepare the crust
- Mix first three ingredients for crust in a medium bowl.
- Add in butter; whip with a fork until moist.
- Then gently press mixture into the greased springform pan.
- Bake it at 325° for 10 minutes.
- When done, allow it to cool on a wire rack.
Step 3: Prepare the filling
- Add blueberries and corn starch in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the puree in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil. Keep cooking the sauce for 6 minutes stirring continuously until slightly thick.
- Let it cool slightly.
- Divide 1/2 cup blueberry puree for the sauce. Keep remaining 1 cup sauce aside.
- Further, beat cheeses in a large bowl with a mixer at high speed until it’s smooth.
- Add sugar, corn starch, and salt to cheese mixture. Whisk well.
- Now start adding eggs, one at a time, properly whisking after each addition.
- Pour this batter on top of the prepared crust.
- Afterward, drizzle 1 cup blueberry puree on it. Slowly swirl the sauce using a knife.
- Bake it at 325° F for 1 hr and 10 min until you see that center of the cheesecake barely moves on touching the pan.
- Now transfer cheesecake on a wire rack.
- Note: Don’t turn off the oven.
Step 4: Prepare the topping
- Blend sour cream, sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Spread this mixture thoroughly over cheesecake. Again, bake at 325° F for 10 minutes.
- Take out the cheesecake from oven and slide a knife on its sides to loosen. Set aside to cool at room temperature for some time.
- Then cover and chill in the fridge.
- Remove sides of the springform pan.
Step 5: Prepare sauce topping
- Mix reserved blueberry puree, 1/4 cup sugar, and water in a small saucepan.
- Cook on medium flame until sauce is thick, stirring continuously.
- Put 1 cup blueberries gently into the sauce. Set aside to cool.
- Serve cheesecake drizzled with the sauce.
Additional tip: In order to let your cheesecake totally set and to come out of the pan with ease, allow it to chill for a minimum of six hours in the refrigerator. Also, cheesecake tastes best at room temperature, so before serving you have to plan to let it stand at room temperature for around 20 to 30 minutes more.