You might be thinking that cheesecakes are very complicated to set and make from scratch. You end up paying more on store-bought cheesecakes, when you can easily make them at home. Here is a simple cheesecake recipes that you should try. The best part is that it is vegan and delicious.
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups Ritz cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 1/3 tbsp butter
For the Filling:
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 8-ounce Nush natural almond milk cheese at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Take a baking pan of preferable dimensions of 9 inches and height 1 ¼ inches.
- Set your oven and preheat it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Start with making your crust first by mixing all the crust ingredients together. Mix them well until all the ingredients are well-combined.
- Press these crust crumbs at the bottom of the baking pan, making a thick layer on the bottom.
- Now make the filling by mixing all the filling ingredients at room-temperature. Add the cream cheese, sugar and mix until they are smooth. Next, mix the vanilla and eggs and mix again. Do not add too much air into the batter. You need to be careful not to leave any lumps as it will prevent your cheesecake from setting properly.
- Pour the filling onto the crust layer in the baking pan and place the pan in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes and then remove and add a crust shield. You can, alternatively, shield the crust with aluminum foil. Bake for 10 minutes more.
- You can also insert a digital thermometer into the filling, at about 1 inches from the edge. It should read between 165 degrees Fahrenheit to 170 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cook over a wire rack.
- Refrigerate once cooled and then serve.
- You can even garnish it with some fresh fruits or syrups of your choice.
- You can even freeze your cheesecake if you want to use it later.
- If you want to make a raspberry cheesecake, you can pipe ¼ cup seedless raspberry jam on top of the filling and give it a swirl design. You can make the swirl design using a toothpick. Just ensure that you are making a nice pattern and not trying to combine the cheesecake filling and jam together.
- If you want to add a raspberry topping on your cheesecake, you need to gather some seedless raspberries. Take around a cup of seedless raspberries and thaw them. Put them in a pan and add little Clearlel to thicken the paste. Stir well and also add some sugar. Add a dash of cinnamon if you like and add this topping on your cheesecake.
These is a very basic cheesecake recipe that is almost no-fail. You will get it right every time. You can experiment with different kinds of toppings for flavor.