This baked cheesecake recipe is for those who want to try something other than those regular flavors.
Lemon Baked Cheesecake
- 5 ounces of graham crackers
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Four large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp grated zest
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese on room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
For lemon curd
- 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Position the oven rack in the lower half of the oven. Preheat it to 325° F.
- Line the 9-inch springform pan with the parchment paper.
- Place the graham crackers in a food processor and blitz until converted into fine crumbs.
- Then add the sugar into it and beat again.
- Combine the butter in a constant stream and proceed to beat until the mixture begins to combine. Do around ten 1-second pulses.
- Place this crumb mixture into a springform pan and press smoothly into the bottom.
- Bake it for about 13 to15 minutes, until it turns golden brown.
- Take out from the oven and let it cool.
- Then wrap it with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Place in a roasting pan and keep it aside.
- To make filling, mix the lemon zest and 1/4 cup of the sugar in a food processor and blend until the sugar becomes yellow.
- Drop in the remaining sugar and beat a few times to mix well.
- Further, beat the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer for approximately 5 seconds.
- Keeping the mixer on low speed, combine the lemon and sugar mixture in a constant stream.
- Then switch to medium speed and whisk until you get a smooth and creamy texture.
- Also, scrape down the edges of the bowl.
- Then lessen the speed to medium-low and beat in the eggs, two at a time.
- Also combine the lemon juice, vanilla, and salt and whisk to incorporate.
- Then add the cream and whisk another 5 seconds to blend. Note: You’ve to keep scraping the bowl in between to ensure everything is combined well.
- Lay this batter into the crust pan.
- Put the pan in the oven and add sufficient water to the roasting pan until it reaches halfway till the sides of the pan.
- Bake it till you see that the center is somewhat wobbly and the sides puffed up. This process will take about 55 to 60 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and open the oven door. Let the baked cheesecake cool inside the oven for an hour.
- After that, place it on a wire rack removing the foil to let it sit at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Cook the lemon juice in a small pan over medium flame, but don’t boil.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the sugar.
- Gradually pour the hot lemon juice in the egg mixture.
- Then pour it back into the pan, cook it stirring continuously over medium heat, till thick.
- When done, turn off the flame and stir in the butter until melted.
- Afterward, whisk in the cream, vanilla, and salt.
- Put the curd into a small bowl.
- Cover the curd bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- As the cheesecake cools down, drizzle it up with the lemon curd without removing from the pan.
- Wrap up the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 6 to 8 hours, though overnight is better.
- Your lemon-flavored baked cheesecake is ready to eat.