The mango season is here! As everyone goes crazy over this fruit, then why not use it to make sweet savories? There is no better decision than a delicious mango cheesecake.
The tropical dessert, which is pulpy, crunchy, and flavorful, is a must to try dish right now!
Delicious Mango Cheesecake Recipe
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
For the crust
- 180 gm digestive biscuits
- 50 gm butter, melted
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
For the topping
- Two eggs, at room temp
- Three medium mangoes
- 150 gm sour cream, softened at room temp
- 600 gm cream cheese, softened at room temp
- 1/3 cup caster sugar (or more as per the sweetness of mangoes)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- First, preheat your oven to 330 degrees F.
- Also, line an 8″ springform tin with parchment paper.
- In a meanwhile, blend the biscuits finely in a food processor.
- Also, add the sugar, ginger, and cinnamon and mix till combined well.
- Next, pour in the melted butter, blend again till the mixture becomes moist.
- With a spatula spread the mixture in the base of the pan and press down evenly, spreading the mixture up to the sides too. You can use the base of measuring cup to level down the mixture properly.
- Put the springform tin in the oven and bake for 5 to 8 minutes. When done, you will see that the crust has turned lightly brown on the edges. Let it cool.
- Lessen the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Now, wipe out the bowl of the food processor to make the topping in it.
- Add the pulp of all three mangoes in its bowl. Blend until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Then put the sour cream, cream cheese, and sugar in the food processor. Blend everything again till incorporated well. Note: Be careful, not to over-mix it, or you will have an airy batter.
- Now crack the eggs and add vanilla essence in the mixture. Blitz once more until just combined.
- Pour this batter over the cooled down crust.
- Now bake for about 40 to 45 minutes. The cheesecake is done when you see that the center is still wobbly, but the edges are puffed. Tip: In case you discover that the edges or top is browning, cover the tin with foil loosely.
- Set aside to cool in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After that, allow the cheesecake to cool completely at room temperature.
- Now the center of the mango cheesecake will firm up while cooling down.
- To set up completely put the cheesecake in the refrigerator overnight. If you need to serve earlier, you can keep it in the freezer for around 6 hours to enjoy the mango cheesecake early. But the longer it takes to chill the best result you will get.
- Finally, serve the cheesecake with sliced mangoes and some fresh cream.
- Your mango cheesecake is ready to relish!