Do you love cheesecakes? Wait, do you also like Lemon Meringue Pie? We have got a cheesecake recipe for you that will bring the best of both to satiate your taste buds! Lets know more about and the ingredients for Lemon Meringue Pie Cheesecake.
Ingredients: You Need For This Cheesecake Recipe
- Use 2 cups shortbread cookie crumbs
- You will need 1/4 cup melted butter
- Use 3 (8 ounces) packages cream cheese, softened
- You will need 1 cup sour cream
- Use 1 cup white sugar
- You will need four eggs
- Use 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- You will need one teaspoon vanilla extract
- Use one lemon, zested
- You will need four egg whites
- Use 1/4 cup white sugar
- You will need 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional)
- Use 1 1/2 cups lemon curd
This dish will require some preparation beforehand, which may take up twenty minutes. Further, you will need about an hour to bake. Follow these directions to make the best Lemon Meringue Cheesecake recipe.
Steps To Prepare The Lemon Meringue Pie Cheesecake Recipe:
- First and foremost, heat the oven to about 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take butter and pieces of cookie crumbs and mix it until it is evenly combined. Take a nine-inch Springform pan and press the mixture to the bottom of this pan. Having an electric mixer will come very handy for this dish.
- If you have an electric mixer, use it to beat sugar, sour cream, and cheese cream. Beat it until it gets a smooth texture.
- Now it is time to add the eggs. Don’t add all the eggs together. For best results, add one egg at a time and beat well.
- Mix the lemon juice, vanilla, and Lemon zest. Make sure you scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Take this mixture and spread it evenly over the cookie crust in the Springfoam pan.
- Bake this mixture for about an hour. Wait for the mixture to come down to room temperature. It might take around three hours to refrigerate it further.
- Preheat the oven again to about 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the eggs until you attain a soft peak. Add cream of tartar and 1/4 cup of sugar to this. Beat it until it becomes stiff but make there are no dry peaks.
- Now it is time to introduce lemon curd into our dish. Mount the whipped eggs above this and seal all around the edges of the pie.
- Preheat in until you see the meringue turn into golden brown color. It may take up to 10 minutes. Further, give it an hour to chill in the refrigerator.
Note From The Kitchen:
Most cheesecakes taste better after a couple of days from the day of preparation. Likewise, this dish can also be prepared a couple of days in advance, refrigerated and served later. However, take extra care to ensure that the meringue does not topple over.
You can also bake two of these pies and freeze one of them without the meringue. You can use this later. Also, you can make your lemon curd, using whatever egg yolks were left behind from the meringue.
Try out this mouth-watering cheesecake recipe and let us know how you like it!