Who wouldn’t want to indulge themselves in the creamy and tasty cheesecakes out there? The new york cheesecake is usually more creamy and with a dense and smooth structure while the normal cheesecake is firm on the outside and creamy inside. If you want to master the perfect New York cheesecake, then this article is for you. This cheesecake is worthy for you to drool over it. So what are you waiting for? Learn and try this recipe at your home.
This recipe is divided into two parts, one is crust and the other is cream.
For Crust– New York Cheesecake
- Unsalted butter- as required
- Baking powder- ¾ teaspoon
- Sifted cake flour- 1/3 cup
- Table salt- a pinch
- Extra-large eggs- 2, separate egg and egg yolk
- Sugar- 1/3 cup
- Vanilla Extract- 1 teaspoon
- Tartar cream- ¼ teaspoon
- Pure Lemon Extract- 2 drops
- Take a non-stick springform pan and apply butter to all the inside walls of the pan.
- Cover the outsides of the pan with an aluminum foil starting from the bottom of the pan to all the way up — Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a bowl and add flour, baking powder as well as salt into it.
- Take another large bowl and beat egg yolks on high level. Now, add two tablespoons of sugar. This is while running the mixer and continue it until it changes into thick light yellow ribbons. Then, beat it for five more minutes.
- Now add flour to the egg yolk mixture and stir it by hand so that there are no lumps. Next, add melted butter.
- In another bowl beat egg white and tartar cream. Gradually keep adding sugar and beat it until stiff peaks are formed. Add one-third of the whites to flour.
- Spread the batter in the pan and bake for ten minutes. Make sure that the crust won’t turn into brown color.
- Philadelphia cream cheese- 1 recipe
- Sugar- 1 2/3 cups
- Pure vanilla extract- 1 tablespoon
- Cornstarch- ¼ cup
- Extra-large eggs- 2
- Heavy whipping cream- ¾ cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a large bowl with an electric mixer fitted to it. Beat one package of cream cheese, cornstarch, 1/3 cup of sugar together until it becomes creamy for three minutes. Blend the cream cheese, beat it well and scrape down the bowl.
- Increase the speed of the mixer to medium speed and beat the remaining sugar. Add vanilla extract and blend in the eggs. The filling should look creamy and light. Do not over mix it. Apply the batter on the cake.
- Take a large shallow pan and fill half of it with water. Make sure to bake until the edge of the cake turns into a light brown color. It will take one or 1 ¼ hour to bake.
- Remove the cake from the pan and keep it aside to cool. Now wrap the pan with plastic cover and refrigerate it for a night.
- Remove the springform and serve the cake on a plate. You can preserve this cake for a month by covering with a plastic wrap and keeping in the fridge.