Anyone who has tasted cheesecakes would surely want to taste it again. Thus, among all the available versions of cheesecakes, the New York cheesecake recipe is highly popular worldwide. This authentic New York cheesecake can be prepared easily with minimum and simple ingredients. Moreover, this cake is absolutely doable, even for beginners.
This delicious dessert is a perfect option to lure your guests and loved ones to your kitchen table. This rich, tempting, scrumptious cheesecake recipe looks and taste better than any other dessert recipe in the world. Thus, we bring to you a flawless New York cheesecake recipe which can be prepared easily.
Delicious New York Cheesecake Recipe
This recipe is an old one, way right from the times of our grandmothers. However, it is still in style and rules our hearts. The recipe can be prepared in 30 minutes while it can be cooked in 1 hour 55 minutes.
For Making The Crumbs
- 5 tablespoons of butter (melted);
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt;
- 2 tablespoons of sugar;
- 1 ½ cups of graham cracker crumbs.
For Making The Filling
- 6 eggs (large);
- ¼ teaspoon of salt;
- 4 teaspoons of vanilla;
- 32 oz of cream cheese;
- 2 cups of sugar;
- A springform pan;
- Aluminum foil;
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest;
- 2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Berry sauce (for serving).
For Making the Crust
- Firstly, pre heat your oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Moreover, make sure to wrap your springform pan with the heavy duty aluminum foil. In addition, make sure that you spread the foil all the way to the top so that you cannot see any kind of seams on the sides of the pan.
- Secondly, you can also use a second layer of aluminum foil to make sure that the pan is covered fully. In addition, spray the pan with a non sticky cooking spray.
- Take a bowl and mix together butter, sugar, salt, and graham cracker crumbs. Moreover, stir all these ingredients well until they get well combined. Now, as the next step, press the crumbs of the graham cracker on the bottom of your pan. Make sure to bake this prepared mixture for 10 minutes until the mixture sets in well.
- Now, remove the pan from the oven and set it aside for cooling. In addition, you can also reduce the temperature of the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, place water in a kettle to boil.
Making The Batter
- Beat together sugar, flour, cream cheese with the help of a blender until you get a smooth paste. Make sure that you scrape the sides and the bottom of the pan to make sure that the mixture thus prepared is combined properly.
- Secondly, add in the eggs, one by one, until they are fully incorporated. Moreover, repeat the scraping part. Now, mix in the sour cream and make sure that your prepared batter is uniform and it does not over mix.
- Set your cheesecake in a pan and pour your prepared batter on the crust’s top. Moreover, pour the boiling water in the pan and make sure that it reaches 1 inch up to the pan’s sides. Bake the cake for 1 hour 30 minutes. However, you can even increase this time to 45 minutes.
- Once the cake is cooled, remove the foil and take the knife check for the cake.