It is hard to find someone who does not like a good cheesecake. Moreover, they come in different forms too. Some people like it with various toppings and frosting while others like the classic perfectly Plain Cheesecake. They are good at any time and on any occasion. However, to achieve the right texture for your cheesecake is very challenging and so it is important to know the right recipe. If you are trying your hands for the first time, it is advisable to go for the plain cheesecake first as it is easier to bake.
The Ingredients Of Perfectly Plain Cheesecake Are:
- Two cups of graham cracker crumbs
- One cup and two tablespoons of powdered sugar
- Half cup of melted butter
- Three packets of cream cheese at room temperature
- Three eggs
- One tablespoon of vanilla essence
- One tablespoon of lime juice
- One cup of heavy cream at room temperature
Recipe Perfectly Plain Cheesecake
- Take a springform pan and cover the sides with foil paper. Cut a piece of parchment paper and set it in the bottom of the pan.
- Mix the melted butter with the cracker crumbs. Add two tablespoons of sugar and pour the mixture in the pan.
- Moreover, use a flat object to press the mixture firmly on the bottom of the pan and place this pan into an ovenproof pan.
- Beat the cream cheese for about three minutes and add the powdered sugar. However, continue beating until the texture is really creamy and light.
- Add the eggs one by one and continue beating the mixture. After that, put heavy cream. Most of the time it curdles the mixture. So it is completely fine to find some lumps in your mixture. However, remember to scrape the thick mixture from the bottom of the mixer to avoid lumps. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Put the two pans into the oven and fill the ovenproof pan with water up until halfway up your main pan.
- Bake the cheesecake until the color changes to a golden brown and the sides are firm for about 40 to 45 minutes. Moreover, once it is done let it sit inside the oven and turn the switch off and keep the door open.
- After the cheesecake is completely cool, take it out of the oven. Moreover, you can also put your cheesecake on a wire rack which speeds up the cooling.
- Gently take it out of the springform pan by removing the sides. The parchment paper at the bottom of the pan will help you to slide out your perfectly plain cheesecake without any difficulty.
- However, before serving make sure to slide a knife inside the cake. This will help you to check the consistency of your cake and determine if it needs more baking or not.
To avoid cracks in your perfectly plain cheesecake, you can also use an instant-read thermometer that helps you to check the temperature.