Thanksgiving is about to come. Wish to prepare something instead of the pumpkin pie? Then why don’t you opt for the Pumpkin Cheese Cake?
With gingersnaps crust and soft filling, this utterly delicious cake calls for a celebration.
Making Pumpkin Cheese Cake
Total time – 2hours
Serving – 12
For The Crust
- Gingersnaps – 8 ounces
- Granulated sugar – ¼ cup
- Unsalted butter – 5 tbsp, melted
For The Filling
- Pumpkin – 15 ounces
- Granulated sugar – 1 ½ cups
- Ginger powder – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon powder – ¼ tsp
- Cloves powder – ½ tsp
- Nutmeg powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Heavy cream – 1 cup
- Cream cheese – 1 ½ pound, at room temperature
- Eggs – 5, large
For Caramel Sauce
- Granulated sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 /8 tsp
- Light corn syrup – 2 tbsp
- Unsalted butter – 1 tbsp
- Heavy cream – ½ cup
How To Make?
Preparing the Crust
- Preheat the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the rack in the middle position. Take a 10-inches springform pan and wrap it with aluminum foil. Use non-stick cooking spray to spray all over the pan.
- In the food processor, add the melted butter, granulated sugar, and chopped gingersnaps. Process them until you get fine crumbs. Pour this mixture into the cake pan and even it out by pressing with hands. Bake it for about 15 minutes. When done, take the pan out and let it cool.
Making The Filing
- In the meantime, start making the cake filling. Boil the water in a pot. Put a saucepan on medium heat and add the pumpkin along with salt, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, and cloves powder. Add the sugar and stir the mixture continuously for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer this mixture in the food processor and add the heavy cream. While the motor is on, tip the cream cheese and eggs and process them till you get a smooth mixture.
- Take a big roasting pan and pour the boiling water in it. Place the cake pan in this water bath.
- Now pour the smooth batter of the food processor into this pan over the gingersnaps base and spread evenly using a spatula.
- Insert it within the oven and let it bake for about one and a half hours. When done, take the roasting pan out of the oven with proper care and keep it on the wire rack.
- Using a knife, scrape the edges so that the cake becomes loose. Let it sit in the water bath till the water remains warm.
- After that, wrap the cake with plastic and put in the fridge for overnight or 4 hours minimum.
Making The Caramel Sauce
- Put a saucepan on the heat and add the sugar, water, corn syrup, and lemon juice and let them cook till all the sugar dissolves and the color turns amber.
- While the caramel sauce is cooking, heat up the heavy cream in a bowl and mix with the caramel sauce.
Finally Assembling The Cheesecake
Take the cake out of the fridge. Pour the caramel sauce on the top and spread it evenly. You can add a dollop of whipped cream on the top to make it more attractive.