Red velvet cheesecake is an all favorite delicacy preferred all over the world. This scarlet red, spongy cake is both delicious and appealing to the eyes. Moreover, the cheesy flavor appeals to both adults and kids alike. In addition, the red velvet cheesecake is a great example of ingenuity in the culinary arts.
The Red velvet cake is definitely not a modern invention as it dates back to Victorian times. Moreover, back then, it was an indulgence for the rich and affluent. The term ‘Velvet’ is indicative of the texture and consistency of this cake. Soft and crumbly, the red velvet cake by itself has enough reasons to delight your taste buds. However, when combined with elements of the cheesecake that we all love so much, red velvet cheesecake is a treat to look forward to.
Tempting Red Velvet Cheesecake Recipe
Foremost, this variation of the cheesecake can be made at home by even those possessing basic level kitchen skills. Moreover, this cake requires easily available, ingredients, preparation time is not too long, and the end result is a delicious treat for family and friends. To ensure that you have all the help you need to do just that, detailed below is an easy yet perfect red velvet cheesecake recipe.
- 1 and a 1/2 Cup of Graham Cracker Crumbs (Chocolate Flavored);
- ¼ of a of Cups of Melted Butter;
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar (Granulated);
- 8 Ounces of Softened Cream Cheese;
- 1 and a 1/2 Cups of Sugar (Granulated);
- 4 Eggs (Beaten);
- 3 Tablespoons of Cocoa (Unsweetened);
- 1 Cup of Sour Cream;
- 1/2 Cup of Whole Buttermilk;
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract;
- 1 Teaspoon of White Vinegar;
- 2 Ounces of Red Food Coloring;
- 3 Ounces of Softened Cream Cheese;
- 1/4 of a Cup of Butter;
- 2 Cups of Powdered Sugar;
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract;
- Fresh Mint Sprigs.
- Take a 9-inch springform baking pan and combine your Graham Crackers, melted butter, and a tablespoon of your granulated sugar. Moreover, blend well together and press them down to get at the base of your cake.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, blend together 8 ounces of your cream cheese with 1 and a ½ cups of granulated sugar. You can make use of an electric mixer at low-medium speed for just about 1 minute. In addition, add your beaten eggs and the following 6 ingredients on the ingredients listed above and blend them well again.
- Now pour this batter onto the base of your cake.
- Start with baking at 350-degree Fahrenheit for nothing more than 10 minutes. Moreover, lower the heat of your oven to 300-degree Fahrenheit and bake for another 1 hour and 15 minutes. If your cake center is firm, make sure to remove the cake from the oven even before the stipulated time is up.
- Moreover, now take a knife and free the edges of the cake and put back into the warm oven for about 30 minutes. In addition, let the cake cool for some time and then let it chill in your refrigerator.
- For the top layer, blend 3 ounces of cream cheese, your teaspoon of vanilla extracts, ¼ of a cup of softened butter and granulated sugar with an electric mixer at low-medium speed. Add each ingredient at a time to make blending easier. Use this blend to evenly layer the top of your cake and finish up with a garnish of sprig leaves.