Are you tired of sweet sugar-loaded desserts? Thankfully, cheesecakes can be made in a variety of different flavors. So ditch the sugary sweet cakes and try out this awesome savory lemon cheesecake recipe this weekend. This recipe is no-bake easy to make and fun to taste with a twist of lemon flavor. Lemon cheesecake is a breath of fresh air from mainstream overrated desserts and is an excellent alternative for foodies who are always looking to try something new.
No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
Prep Time: 2 hours plus refrigeration
- 2 ½ cups (302gms) vanilla wafer crumbs
- 10 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 0.25 oz unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup (3-4 lemons) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 24oz (678gm) cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup condensed milk, sweetened
- ½ cup (104gm) sugar
- 2 ½ tbsp lemon zest
- ¾ cup (86gm) powdered sugar
- 1 ¼ cups (300ml) heavy cold whipping cream
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy cold whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup (58gm) powdered sugar
Method Of Preparation
- Combine every above-mentioned ingredient for the crust in a medium-sized bowl and mix well.
- Press down the mixture in the bottom of a flat 9-inch spring pan. Place in the refrigerator and allow it to set.
- Take a medium bowl and add lemon juice, sprinkle it evenly with powdered gelatin and leave undisturbed for 4-5 minutes.
- Heat gelatin and lemon juice mixture in the microwave for 10-20 seconds until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Pour condensed milk in the lemon juice mixture and stir. Set aside and let it cool down to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, beat sugar and cream cheese together until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Add lemon zest and sour cream and whisk to achieve a well combined smooth texture.
- Add the lemon juice mixture and mix again. Set it aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add heavy whipping cream along with sugar powder. Whip vigorously until stiff peaks can be achieved.
- Gently fold the whipped cream in the cream cheese in two sections and combine well.
- Top the crust with the filling and even out with wooden spoon or spatula.
- Refrigerate the cake for 5-6 hours or overnight until firm.
- Remove the cheesecake from spring pan and transfer it to the serving plate.
- Add heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar to a large mixing bowl to prepare the whipped cream topping. Whip vigorously until stiff peaks can be formed.
- Pipe whipped cream swirls around edges of the cake. Garnish the cake with your preferred toppings like nuts or fresh fruits. I like raspberries, lemon slices, and mint leaves.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve. Cheesecakes can stay edible for 4-5 days.
- In case you don’t have a springform pan, use foil lined the 9-inch pan, and you are good to get started.
- If you find it difficult to remove the cake from pan, wipe o the outer surfaces of a container with a warm napkin. This process will heat the edges, and it will be easy to remove the cake.