Ready to eat some fun dessert that you will enjoy? Check out these two fun desserts.
1. Chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting
In the world of dessert, there is nothing more fun than chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting. This recipe is a classic and was one of my mother’s favorite desserts to make for birthdays and other celebrations. It can be made in a large sheet cake or cupcake form, which you then decorate however you like! The ingredients are very basic but that doesn’t stop this from being an amazing tasting dessert. You will need: 1 box devil’s food cake mix, 2 c sour cream, 4 eggs, 3/4 c vegetable oil, water as needed- which should equal about three cups total; 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese at room temperature; 1/2 tsp vanilla extract; 2 tbsp butter at room temperature; 3 c confectioners’ sugar; assorted fun decorations such as sprinkles, candles, etc.
Follow the cake mix instructions on the box and add the sour cream, oil and eggs until smooth. Pour about three quarters of a cup of batter into a greased pan or a lined muffin tin- however many you want to make! Bake these at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. These can then be cooled and frosted however you desire. Cream together the butter, cream cheese and vanilla extract in a large bowl with a hand mixer until smooth. Mix in the confectioners’ sugar about half a cup at time until you have reached your desired consistency. Then decorate however you like!
2. Birthday Cake Cookies
What’s fun about a birthday cake? The candles! And the funfetti! But what if you don’t have time to bake an actual cake for your next celebration? Or maybe you just want to mix things up a bit. Well, we have a solution: Birthday Cake Cookies! These easy-to-make treats are perfect for any occasion and will give everyone the same joy as biting into an icing-covered piece of cake. So whether it’s someone’s birthday or they just need cheering up, these cookies are sure to please. Here is how you can make them yourself:
1) In a bowl, combine 2 cups flour + 1 tablespoon cocoa powder + 1/2 teaspoon baking soda + pinch of salt – mix well
2) In a large bowl cream together 1 cup butter and 1 cup sugar + 2 eggs
3) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in ¼ cup funfetti and ½ cup sprinkles
4) Chill the dough for 20-30 minutes, or until firm
5) Roll into balls about 1½ inches in diameter and place 2-3 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
6) Bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
7) Once cooled, create funfetti frosting by combining 1 cup butter with ¾ cup mischted funfetti and 2-3 cups icing sugar. Mix until smooth
8) Use funfetti cookie cutters to make fun decorations (or use funfetti frosting like you would on a cake)
Enjoy your fun fun fun dessert!!